Tuesday 30 September 2008

BOOM! Gotcha <3

Continuing on from my last post. My next topic is the poems that I have recently been encountering, so I'll put a couple of my favourites in here :D (sit back a read!!)
~
Where the Bee Sucks
Where the bee sucks, there suck I,
In a cowslip's bell I lie,
There I couch when owls do cry.
On the bat's back I do fly
After summer merrily.
Merrily, merrily shalt I live now
Under the blossom that hangs on the bough.
~
William Shakespeare.
~
ACS (dunno what that is, I abbrev. D:) -excerpt
Golden slumbers kiss your eyes,
Smiles awake you when you rise.
Sleep, pretty wantons, don not sry,
And I will sing a lullaby:
Rock them, rock them, lullaby
...
~
Thomas Dekker
~
He Wishes For the Cloths of Heaven
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
of night and light and the half-light.
I would spread the cloths under your feet;
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
~
W.B. Yeats
~
Reflection on Ice-Breaking
Candy
Is Dandy
But Liquor
Is quicker.
~
Odgen Nash
~
A Slice of Wedding Cake (exerpt)
...
Has God's supply of tolerable husbands
Fallen, in fact, so low?
Or do I always over-value women
At the expense of men?
Do I?
It might be so.
~
Robert Graves
~
My Own Epitaph
Life is a jest; and all things show it,
I thought so once; but now I know it.
~
John Gay
~
This is just to Say
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the ice box
~
and which
you were probabaly
saving
for breakfast
~
Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold.
~
William Carlos Williams.
~
Resume
Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.
~
Dorothy Parker
~
A Word
A word is dead
When it is said,
Some say.
I say it just
begins to live
that day.
~
Emily Dickinson
~
Wasn't that lovely? XD
I particularly like them anyway, especially 'He Wishes For the Cloths of Heaven' and 'This is Just to Say'. Both of them are so cute and, well almost quiet in their sheer beauty...if that makes sense O____o.

No comments: